Thursday, 16 April 2009

I think I should you let you know... you fancy an orange person.

So once again another day has gone past where I have been wholly ineffiecient about doing anything revision related but I have had a rather good day.

Let me begin with the morning 6.30 am(ish), this bit wasn't so good, I'm sure you'll understand I am not a morning person, nor am I a particularly deep sleeper. My mother thought it would be a fabulous idea at 6.30am to let my cat into my bedroom. My cat whilst being very cuddly and friendly doesn't like to be ignored. In my sleeping state I did not have the energy or the will to lift my arms and give her a scratch behind the ears. So then she did what she does best, she clawed the heck out of my face until I payed her some attention. Thus, the little black, one-eyed cat found herself sitting outside my door, being ignored.
I was then woken up several times after this by my dad stomping around the house doing DIY-ey things. Why my parents deem it sensible or a good idea to get up BEFORE midday on their days off I do not know. Anyway, at 9.30 my dad thought it would be a brilliant idea to come and tell me it was time to get up because he wanted to go to Banchory (a town/village thing close by) and that if I wanted a lift there I'd better get up because he was going soon. I did want a lift there, I wanted to get the bus into town and getting it from there was a hell of a lot cheaper (and easier) than walking two miles and paying £8 for a one way ticket into town. So after a little bit of arguing, half an hour later I dragged myself out of bed and got myself ready to go.

At 10.25 in Banchory I boarded the 201 bus service where I tried to pay for my £3.90 bus fare with a £20 note (it was all I had). At this point I was grumbled and grumped at and told my money wouldn't be accepted by the bus driver who appeared to be in an absolutely foul mood. He told me I'd have to wait, I thought this meant I'd have to get off the bus and wait for the next one, probably to be told the same thing. But before I could turn around to get off the bus the driver shut the door and slammed on the accelerator, still whinging about the situation. I think his words were "Honestly, pay for a 3.90 fare with a fucking £20 note, who the hell does she think she is?!" Obvioulsy this episode left me feeling rather uncomfortable, like most people, I dislike being shouted at, especially when I'm not really doing anything wrong. In my eyes attempting to pay for a bus fare with legal tender is perfectly acceptable, even if there is quite a lot of lose change involved. However at the end of the bus journey (which took FOR EVER, the traffic in town was jam packed) my good day really began, I had spent the hour or so on the bus to prepare myself to get grumpy right back at the bus driver if he refused to accept my £20 note to pay for my fare, but when I got up and asked him if I could sort out the fare issues he just waved me away and said "Well, I've shut down the machine now, it's too late, doesn't matter now does it?" Smiling I hopped off the bus without paying £3.90 for the stupid bus journey.


After the bus episode I went to my friends new flat, I've not been there yet and being the lovely girl she is she sent one of her friends to meet at the bus station. I have not seen the boy in question for something like 4 years, it was nice to have a catchup with him (even if he does mumble incomprehensibly, take the quietest mumbler you've ever met and then mulitply that mumbliness by ten and you've got Kev). So anyway we got to the flat and after an hour or so of catching up and laughing at the antics of my friends from the night before, Soph and I decided it was time for us to do our planned activity of the day. Go see 17 Again!


Now, I usually find these sorts of films really corny and stupid and well generally, quite crap. I'm also not really a fan of Zac Efron, his character in Highschool Musical scared me, his massive eyebrows and earnest smile were a little creepy in my opinion. Sophie, however, fancies Mr. Efron and after watching 17 Again I can kinda see why. His slightly more grown up character in 17 Again was rather lovely although I did expect him to break out in to song everytime a basketball or pretty woman appeared, I was almost disapointed when he didn't. But still, I enjoyed the film and would actually recommend it, although I did spend most of it with my hands over my face in the more cringeworthy bits. I was expecting a mega mega cheesefest and crap acting, instead I got a cheesefest with rather good acting so all was well :). And now, because I'm in a loving mood I shall reward you with a picture of Mr.Efron himself. (you could just google search it yourself(thats where I got it), but nevermind.)Anyway, so I shall skip out the boring bits now, I got home, with a little bit of drama in WHSmith when my mum had to tell Sophie her mum had been taken into hopsital because she was feeling sick and dizzy and everyone in the office had apparently agreed that she looked majorly ill and were worried about her. (Sophie's mum NEVER gets sick), with luck her mum will be just dandy. But mum and I got home at about 7 o'clock or something. Dad and I had planned to go on a bike ride, but once again (just like the past few days) we managed to persuade ourselves it was a bad idea, excuses like 'it'll be dark soon' and 'it's too late, dinner will be really late if we go out now' are great to avoid exercise...
Also to add to my good day which after reading this post doesn't sound that amazing but was rather fun, I got a phonecall from my friend today to tell me she'll pick me up at 8.45 (>_<) tomorrow morning to go horse riding, YAY! I get to ride my favourite horse (for free) one more time before I go back to Glasgow, yipeee! (I also get to spend the day with my friend, but you know, that's an added bonus ;-))
K xxx

No comments: